Alberta Wetland Policy Basics Online Course
Course Fee $45 (plus GST)
The Alberta Wetland Policy outlines the strategic direction and tools required to sustainably manage wetlands on the landscape to benefit all Albertans. Wetland Policy implementation is a complicated process and requires that all proponents or their representatives have a basic understanding of the process. This short online course was designed for anyone interested in Alberta’s wetlands.
This course consists of:
- Four – 15-25 minute online modules,
- Four – optional activities (approximately 15-30 minutes each), and
- Four – optional quizzes to test your knowledge.
- Tara Caseley, P Biol
- Laurie Hamilton, M.Sc., C.E.T., P Biol
Students will gain foundational knowledge about implementing the Wetland Policy, including:
- Wetland Identification
- Wetland Classification
- Preliminary Wetland Delineation
- Wetland Authenticating Professionals
- Wetland Assessments
- Wetland Impact
- Wetland Mitigations
- Wetland Replacement
This course takes between 2 to 3 hours to complete, and you can start immediately upon registration!
Students have until the end of 2025 (December 2025) to complete this course.