Alberta Soil Information Viewer - Snackable Learning
Check out SALMTEC's free tutorial for navigating in the Alberta Soil Information Viewer
Course Fee: $25 (plus GST)
The Alberta Soil Information Viewer is the first place to go when getting to know an area. This easy to use online mapping viewer provides a comprehensive view of the landscape and the soils in the white area of Alberta.
This course provides a deep-dive into how to navigate the Soil Information Viewer and how to interpret the information through several application scenarios.
The course consists of:
- Three – online learning modules (approximately 23 minutes long in total)
- Three – optional online quizzes to test your knowledge (approximately 5-10 minutes long each)
- One – optional online activity (approximately 20-30 minutes long)
- Navigating in the viewer
- Going to a location of interest
- Turning on data layers
- Map tools
- Querying data
- General land information
- Specific information
- Land suitability rating system
- Interpreting data
- Landscape models
- Soil models
- Soil profile data
- Ed Karpuk, Soil and Terrain Mapping Specialist
- Ron McNeil, Soil and Terrain Specialist
- Laurie Hamilton, M.Sc., C.E.T., P Biol, Terrestrial and Wetland Ecologist and Geomatics Specialist
This course takes between 1 and 2 hours to complete, and you can start immediately upon registration!
Students have until the end of 2024 to complete this course.