ACIMS Snackable Learning Course
Course Fee: $25 (plus GST)
The Alberta Conservation Information Management System, or ACIMS, is Alberta’s Conservation Data Centre and is housed within Alberta Environment and Protected Areas. ACIMS collects, processes and stores data for all types of species in Alberta. They make this data available to the public through a variety of tools, such as species lists and online mapping.
This short online course was designed for both new users and existing users who want to learn more about ACIMS data and their applications.
The course consists of:
- Three – online learning modules (approximately 20 minutes long in total)
- Two – optional online quizzes to test your knowledge (approximately 10 minutes long each)
- One – optional online activity (approximately 20 minutes long)
This course will:
- Define what a conservation data centre is
- Describe the tools provided by ACIMS
- Provide a basic understanding of how species data are collected and processed
- Illustrate how to use the ACIMS Online Mapping Tool for querying information and locations of species in Alberta
- Present considerations when using the data for different applications
- Showcase one application of ACIMS tools using the Alberta Native Plant Council’s Guidelines for Rare Vascular Plant Surveys in Alberta
This course takes between 1 and 2 hours to complete, and you can start immediately upon registration!
Students have until the end of 2025 to complete this course.