GVI Blended Course (F23)
Next Interactive Class: Fri. Dec. 1/23 (12pm)
Course Fee: $225 (plus tax)
GVI, or Grassland Vegetation Inventory, is a biophysical and land use classification system specifically designed by the Government of Alberta (GoA) for the grassland region.
A Must-have Land Management Tool
GVI provides an extensive array of natural upland, riparian and wetland classes. Coupled with anthropogenic (modified) land use classes, GVI is a robust system that captures the variety of biophysical land uses in the grasslands.
This course has four learning modules and consists of online, offline and interactive components, as follows:
- Three to four online instruction videos per module
- An online quiz per instruction video
- Four offline activities
- A 2-hour online interactive class
- A final online exam
Students will develop or build on their skills in:
- Grassland ecosystem components
- GVI site types classification
- GVI data structure and legends
- GVI interpretation
- GVI application
Course Content Development:
- Tara Caseley, P Biol
- Laurie Hamilton, M.Sc., C.E.T., P Biol
- Christina Metke, P Biol
Interactive class instructor: Laurie Hamilton, C.E.T., P Biol
This course takes ~8 hours to complete, and you can start immediately upon registration!
- Students must have all online material completed prior to attending class
- The next scheduled class is scheduled on Friday, December 1, 2023 from 12pm to 2:30pm
Students have until end of Winter 2025 (April 2025) to complete this course.